Welcome to Tim Burge Museum Services. Please see my services page for details of the sort of work I can help you with, or contact me to discuss your needs.
I offer practical consultancy services for museums and heritage organisations in accreditation, collections, fund-raising, projects and training. I can take on large or small projects and will work flexibly to suit your needs and budget. I am as happy working hands on with your collections and documentation as I am developing policies or carrying out reviews and evaluations.
I have 20 years experience of collections management, documentation, project design/delivery and museum development. I have worked with independent, local authority and national museums.
Recent projects I have worked on include:
- Trowbridge Museum – HLF Round 2 application support and Modes training
- Policing Past: Community Present – HLF Start Up Grant project management for Historic Collections of Devon and Cornwall Police
- The Young Gallery, Salisbury – HLF evaluation
- The Canterbury Journey – HLF Round 2 Business Plan and Evaluation plan with Britton McGrath Associates
- Bradford on Avon Museum ‘The Iron Duke Returns’ HLF and ACE application
See my Project Archive for a full list of Tim Burge Museum Services activity.
I am based in Wiltshire, and have particular expertise and experience working with museums across the South West. I specialise in working with community and independent organisations and particularly enjoy helping them develop and grow. I have a strong track record of helping to develop funding applications and in delivering projects.
I offer very competitive rates – please Contact me for a quote or to discuss your ideas. If I can’t help, I probably know someone who can.